Colorado Resorts Offer Summer Family Packages
With the current state of the economy, many families are looking for vacation values when making their 2009 summer family travel plans. Colorado is offering special travel packages to make it affordable for families to take an unforgettable vacation getaway. Below is a selection of family vacation packages in Colorado. Package availability dates vary and restrictions apply. For more information, visit www.Colorado.com.
* In Vail, An Epic Summer Family Adventure Awaits.Vail Resorts is introducing Epic Summer: three and six night all-inclusive family vacation adventure packages in Keystone, Breckenridge, Vail and Beaver Creek.Families will embark on locally-guided adventure experiences, including whitewater rafting; horseback riding; family-friendly naturalist hikes; mountaintop picnics; a gold mine tour; a Wild West cowboy campfire dinner, complete with wagon rides and storytelling; and more.Package includes all activities, transportation to/from all activities, ground transfers to/from Denver International Airport and all meals.www.epicsummer.com
* Ruby, Take Your Kids to Town!The Ruby of Crested Butte, the newest bed and breakfast in Crested Butte, is offering a "Butterflies, Tots, and Forget-Me-Nots" family vacation package for less than $80 per person, per night for a family of four.The nearby Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory offers a Kids Nature Camp, allowing kids to learn about our fascinating natural world through exploration of meadows, forests, and mountains.Games, hikes, crafts, and scavenger hunts make learning easy and fun in this spectacular mountain town.www.gunnisoncrestedbutte.com
* I Can See For Miles and Miles.This summer, treat the kids to a look into the ancient past of the Ancestral Puebloan people at Mesa Verde National Park, one of the nation's richest archeological preserves.The "Family Values" package at the Far View Lodge starts at less than $60 per person, per night for two adults and two children.The package includes two nights' accommodations, full American breakfast daily, complimentary dinner for children for two nights and a half-day ranger-guided bus tour of Mesa Verde's ancient sites including Cliff Palace, the largest cliff dwelling in North Americawww.visitmesaverde.com
* Discover Your Inner Cowboy at Sylvan Dale Ranch.Located near Fort Collins, the 3,200 acre working ranch in the scenic Colorado foothills, provides families with not-to-be-forgotten western adventures including cattle drives, roundups, riding instruction, family rides, breakfast rides, and overnight pack trips.Plus a number of activities such as whitewater rafting, hiking, skeet shooting, guided rock-climbing and fly-fishing.In the evening, enjoy cowboy cookouts and great entertainment.All-inclusive, week-long packages start at $1765 per week for adults and $995 for children.www.sylvandale.com
* Camping In Colorado Is 'In Tents!'The plains of eastern Colorado boast 23 state wildlife areas, three state parks, and national grasslands that allow visitors a glimpse of the land as the early settlers might have seen it.Travelers can even see remnants of the Santa Fe Trail etched into the plains.There are several campgrounds in this area, including Jackson Lake State Park, which offers 260 campsites, many of which are available year-round.Activities at Jackson Lake State Park include wildlife watching, fishing, hiking, swimming, and watersports.Nearly all campsites have electric hookups and can be rented for as little as $8 per night.http://parks.state.co.us/Parks/JacksonLake/Camping/
* Denver Family Fun at the JW Marriott.At the JW Marriott in Denver's Cherry Creek neighborhood, families get the VIP treatment with packages including four tickets to the Denver Zoo, coloring book and scavenger hunt, complimentary children's movie, milk and cookies at turn down, a shopping passport offering discounts at children's stores, and more.Packages start at just $235 per night.www.jwmarriottdenver.com