Cape Cod's Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Offers Serves Up Savings and Family Memories This Summer
Family vacations are all about having fun and creating memories. For those in search of the perfect beach destination, Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club in the quaint and historic village of Brewster provides splendid spot for creating sand-between-the-toes summertime family memories. Now, families can plan to enjoy a nostalgic summer vacation and save money at the same time.
Families will receive up to $100 off a one-bedroom villa when arriving at Ocean Edge any Sunday in June or July, 2004 for a two- or three-night getaway.**
Situated on a bluff overlooking Cape Cod Bay, Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club is one of Cape Cod's leading seaside resorts. Relaxed and thoroughly inviting, the resort's 335 rooms, suites and multi-bedroom villas rest comfortably on more than 400 naturally landscaped acres along historic Route 6A in Brewster, Massachusetts. Families can enjoy championship golf, tennis, indoor and outdoor pools, and a beautiful 700-foot slice of private beach that is the perfect setting for swimming, strolling and family gatherings.
Parents and children will find much to do at Ocean Edge this summer. The resort is particularly family-friendly, and its Cape Cod setting adds even more enjoyment to the experience. To help families plan their Cape Cod vacation, the staff of Ocean Edge has provided a few suggestions on how to create your own enduring summertime memories on New England's favorite peninsula:
* Take a picnic to a local ballgame. The Cape Cod Baseball League has been one of America's premier amateur baseball leagues since 1885. Ocean Edge will pack a picnic for you to enjoy at the field. There are games every day during the season check www.capecodbaseball.org/ or ask Ocean Edge's concierge for a schedule.
* Treat your kids to a drive-in movie. Summertime movies are memorable at the Wellfleet Drive-In, with a clam shack-style bar & grill, retro miniature golf, 100-by-40 foot screen, and double features on Friday-Sunday.
* Make S'Mores around a campfire on the beach. Kids will remember enjoying their classic summertime treats around a roaring beach fire at Ocean Edge's private beach on Cape Cod Bay. Every Thursday night, Ocean Edge supplies all the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars you'll need to create America's classic summertime dessert.
* Learn about marine life. Explore the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History in Brewster, with fascinating exhibits on marsh life, marine life, bird life, and the ever-changing coast.
* Enjoy an outdoor concert under the stars. Strike up the band with an evening concert from the Brewster Town Band summer at Drummer Boy Park, picnic blankets provided by Ocean Edge.
* Slurp a root beer float and buy some penny candy. Take the family to enjoy their favorite treat on the poolside patio at Ocean Edge's very own reef cafe, or browse through The Brewster Store, an authentic general store on Main Street in Brewster, with penny candy, homemade fudge, toys, games and gewgaws galore!
* Take a sea tour. Go Seal Watching with the Monomoy Island Ferry Company, one of several local sea-tour operators that know all the best spots for spotting more than 1,200 grey seals.
* Plan a family bike hike and a trip to the park. Called the jewel of the state forest system, Nickerson State Park was once the private game preserve for the Nickerson family, the original residents of the Ocean Edge Mansion. The park's 1,900 pristine acres include eight crystal clear fresh water ponds for swimming, an amphitheater and hiking trails. The park connects to the Cape Cod Rail Trail, making it an ideal spot for family biking.
* Let the kids experience a nostalgic New England beach vacation. Learn to eat a lobster, explore tide pools full of creepy-crawly creatures, join a sandcastle competition, or fling a Frisbee on the sand on the beach. Ocean Edge offers beach-oriented activities for the whole family.
For further information or to make reservations at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, phone 800-343-6074 or visit www.oceanedge.com.
** Not valid on holidays or with any other offers and promotions. Contact the resort for more information on availability and restrictions.