Bitter End Yacht Club's Announces 30th Anniversary Events Designed for Family Watersport Enthusiasts
The Hokin family opened the doors of their family retreat 30 years ago to visitors of the North Sound of the Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands, and since then have helped create thousands of memorable experiences for guests. With eight square miles of protected deep water harbor, unobstructed tradewinds and spectacular coral reef, Bitter End has been an ideal base camp for sailors, families, honeymooners and adventurers. Families experience the best of the BVI during their stay at Bitter End with the countless excursions, snorkeling, diving and day sails. Bitter End announces a celebration year full of special activities and events designed to honor the past 30 years in the Hokins' little corner of paradise.
Some of the upcoming activities include:
* 30th Anniversary Celebration Week (February 26-March 5): Guests celebrate the actual date of Bitter End's anniversary, February 28, and take part in special parties, regattas and live music throughout the week, along with a spectacular fireworks show above the North Sound.
* GPS Adventures: Teams plot the courses of their own adventures around the resort, the North Sound and the BVI using GPS handheld units to search for a buried treasure. While each week in 2005 will include a GPS Adventure in the activities schedule, January 8-15 is the introductory week to this new and exciting activity.
* Weekly Monday night "birthday parties:" A birthday party will kick-off each week with shared stories and a cake created by Bitter End's own, Chef Winston Butler.
* Weekly Wednesday night "culinary classics:" Guests dine on recreations of Bitter End's most memorable menu items, honoring an element of Bitter End's history. Guests can expect distinctive dishes such as the pineapple flambi, a dessert hit from the 70s.
* Special "16 Sounder" drink of the month: Bitter End's signature 16 ounce Caribbean-inspired drinks, 16 Sounders, have topped off many memorable days at Bitter End. To keep up the tradition, guests enjoy the drink of the month throughout 2005 while taking in the Caribbean atmosphere.
"Throughout the past 30 years, Bitter End has developed into the ultimate Caribbean family playground for watersports and sailing. We have always encouraged our guests to take advantage of the numerous activities offered in, on and above the water at Bitter End. We anticipate 2005 with great excitement and hope guests join us to celebrate this special year," said Dana Hokin, managing partner.
Stretching along a mile of beach and expansive marina waterfront on the North Sound of Virgin Gorda, in the British Virgin Islands, Bitter End Yacht Club is the ultimate Caribbean base camp for the water sport enthusiast. The North Sound -- one of the largest, most protected noncommercial harbors in the Caribbean -- is a must-visit destination for sailors, experts and novices alike. Bitter End's calm, clear waters and steady, yearlong trade winds distinguish it from other resorts in the BVI and worldwide.
Originally made up of a shorefront pub and five rustic cottages, Bitter End was purchased by Chicago's Hokin family in 1973 and retains the spirit of a family retreat. Transformed by three generations of the Hokin family, Bitter End is a rollicking nautical village. The resort includes more than 77 beachfront guest rooms, the world's largest complimentary fleet of more than 100 watercraft, 70 moorings and 20 slips, an onsite sailing school, regularly scheduled snorkeling excursions, two restaurants, an onsite bakery, Emporium, shops, freshwater pool and several private beaches.
Bitter End Yacht Club is consistently recognized by leading travel publications as a top Caribbean vacation destination, and the Family Travel Network has named it as a top vacation getaway for families with teens and those who love watersports. For more information or to make reservations, call toll-free at 800-872-2392, direct at (305) 468-0168 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to also cruise over to the resort's website at http://www.beyc.com .