Marriott Offers Guests Hurricane Protection To Ease Summer Travel Concerns
As of June 1, Marriott International has once again eased wary summer travelers’ concerns with “Marriott’s Caribbean Travel Interruption Promise,” protecting guests, and their precious vacation time, against the threat of a hurricane.
Introduced in July of last year, Marriott’s Caribbean Travel Interruption Promise protects guests visiting participating Caribbean and Mexico resorts against the following stormy travel scenarios:
Choice of Full Refund or Room Upgrade for Interrupted Travel Reservations:
Guests holding a confirmed reservation with a nonrefundable deposit who are unable to travel to the Caribbean or Mexico hotel where they hold a reservation due to an airport or the hotel’s closure related to the hurricane, have the option to choose either a full refund or a one-category room upgrade on their next visit to the same hotel within 12 months. These two options apply to room-only rates, promotions and packages. Reservations for comparable accommodations will be made on a space-available basis. This policy does not apply to delayed or cancelled flights due to severe weather or other conditions for any reasons except as identified above.
Complimentary Return Stay for Interrupted Vacations:
Guests who are registered at a participating Caribbean or Mexico resort whose stay is interrupted by a hurricane which directly hits the property (as defined and validated by the U.S. National Weather Service) will receive a certificate for a complimentary three-night return stay valid for two years from their original travel dates, including room and room tax. This return stay is based on availability and other applicable terms and conditions.
Available at 16 resorts in nine Caribbean and Mexican beach destinations, Marriott’s Caribbean Travel Interruption Promise is in effect for the duration of the Atlantic hurricane season, June 1 through November 30, 2007. Participating resorts include:
- Aruba: Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, Renaissance Aruba Resort and Casino
- Cancun: JW Marriott Cancun Resort && Spa, CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort, Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport
- Cayman Islands: Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
- Curaçao: Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- Dominican Republic: Renaissance Jaragua Hotel & Casino, Courtyard by Marriott Santo Domingo
- Puerto Vallarta: CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
- St. Kitts: St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Thomas: Frenchman’s Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
- Trinidad and Tobago: Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain
- Puerto Rico: Courtyard Isla Verde Beach Resort (San Juan), San Juan Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino, Courtyard by Marriott San Juan Miramar
Marriott’s Caribbean Travel Interruption Promise applies to a hurricane as defined and validated by the U.S. National Weather Service’s National Hurricane Center. A hurricane is typically a tropical cyclone in which the maximum sustained surface wind is 74 mph or greater. For more information about hurricanes, please visit www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutgloss.shtml.
For reservations, more information about Marriott’s Caribbean and Mexican properties or Marriott’s Caribbean Travel Interruption Promise, please visit www.ParadiseByMarriott.com/Hurricane or call 1-888-PARADISE (1-888-727-2347).