SuperClubs Extends Passport Promotion Program Through October
SuperClubs has extended its popular “Passport Included” promotion for getaways booked by October 31, 2007. With this program, SuperClubs will pay the fees (up to $97 per person), as part of a Super-Inclusive vacation booking in 2007 at resorts in Jamaica, the Bahamas, Curaçao and the Dominican Republic. SuperClubs has a wide variety of family-friendly resort properties located in these areas.
Since SuperClubs introduced this promotion in April 2005, approximately 2,100 vacationers have taken advantage of this generous offer. At current costs for passport applications -- $97 for adults, $82 for children under 16 years and $67 for renewals -- a family of four could spend close to $400 for their passports alone.
“At SuperClubs, we provide fully-inclusive and hassle-free getaways, and now we’re including passport fees as well,” said John Issa, SuperClubs’ executive chairman. “Through this strong incentive, our message to our guests is clear: go out and get your passports and SuperClubs will pay for it,” Issa added.
Through “Passport Included,” guests traveling to any of SuperClubs’ Caribbean or Bahamian properties next year will have the passport renewal or application costs credited to the price of their all-inclusive vacation, if booked by October 31, 2007. “Passport Included” is available at SuperClubs’ nine resorts in Jamaica, the Bahamas, Curaçao and the Dominican Republic.
Change In U.S. Policy: Passports Required
Until recently, U.S. travelers were able to visit the Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexico, Panama and Canada with only a driver’s license and/or birth certificate. Starting January 23, 2007, the first phase of the U.S. State Department’s “Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative” came into effect and requires travelers to show their passports to re-enter the United States. Approximately 24 percent of Americans currently own passports.
To take advantage of the “Passport Included” promotion, guests need to:
- Book their vacation and pay the deposit by October 31, 2007, for travel anytime in 2007. A four-night minimum stay is required.
- The total costs of new and renewed passports will be credited towards the vacation package.
- Proof that new passports have been applied for or renewed is required. A copy of the information page of new passport(s) and receipt(s) will need to be faxed to 954-925-0334, at least 30 days prior to travel date (no credits will be offered post-travel).
- This promotion is available to all U.S. vacationers, including cruise passengers who are booking pre- and post-trips at a SuperClubs resort.
- SuperClubs’ guests are responsible for filing appropriate paperwork to obtain passports.
- The “Passport Included” package is applicable at SuperClubs’ nine resorts in four Caribbean countries, namely: Grand Lido Negril Resort & Spa, Grand Lido Braco Resort & Spa, Breezes Runaway Bay Resort & Golf Club, Breezes Montego Bay, Hedonism II, and Hedonism III, all in Jamaica; Breezes Bahamas in Nassau; Breezes Curaçao Resort Spa & Casino; Breezes Puerto Plata Resort Spa & Casino in the Dominican Republic.
- SuperClubs cannot cover expedited surcharges for last-minute applications.
Passports usually take approximately six weeks to process, but recently it has been taking as long as twelve weeks to receive passports during peak time periods, so apply early. For details on how to apply for or renew a passport, visit the State Department's passport site for complete instructions: http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/get_840.html.
To find out more about SuperClubs’ extensive vacations options in the Caribbean or to make a reservation, visit www.SuperClubs.com, call 1-800-GO-SUPER (1-800-467-8737), or contact a local travel agent.