Adventures By Disney Announces Eight New Itineraries For 2009
Adventures by Disney announced it will be adding eight new destinations to their list of trips, giving their guests a total of 23 destinations to chose from in 2009. The new destinations feature some of the most exotic and remote locations in the world -- including an African safari, an expedition to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, and an exploration of Alaska.
Since 2005, Adventures by Disney has created family friendly adventures in places around the world. Each vacation includes VIP experiences, exclusive moments and unique itineraries specifically designed for families. Beginning in the spring of 2009, families will be able to enjoy these eight destinations as well as 15 returning trips:
The eight new itineraries for 2009 are:
- Alpine Magic -- Italy and Switzerland: Stresa, Zermatt and Lake Lucerne
- Beantown & The Big Apple -- Boston, Newport, New York City
- Bella Italia -- Central Italy: Sorrento and Florence
- Gateway to the Galapagos -- Ecuador and Galapagos Islands
- Golden Path to Yosemite -- Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park and San Francisco
- Rocky Trails and Mountie Tales -- Montana and Alberta, Canada: Glacier National Park and Banff National Park
- Safari to South Africa -- South Africa: Capetown, The Garden Route and Kapama Game Reserve
- Taming the Last Frontier -- Alaska: Fairbanks, Denali National Park and Kenai Peninsula
Also new in 2009 will be the introduction of Adventures by Disney Signature Trips. Specified departure dates on the Safari to South Africa and Golden Path to Yosemite itineraries will be identified as Signature Trips. On these departures guest will enjoy an enhanced travel experience including upgraded accommodations, special amenities and events not offered on standard departures.
Amenities on the signature Safari to South Africa trip include upgraded accommodations in Cape Town's Cape Grace Hotel and upgraded accommodations in the Main Lodge at Kapama Game Reserve. Other Signature enhancements include uniquely African VIP gifts, special evening entertainment, an exclusive spa treatment with a view of the African bush and a privately hosted dinner where elephants are up-close-and-personal at the Knysna's Elephant Lounge.
On the signature departures of Golden Path to Yosemite, guests discover rock climbing at the birthplace of modern mountaineering and view Yosemite the way Ansel Adams did -- through a camera -- on an expertly guided camera walk of the valley. Guests also enjoy upgraded accommodations at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite and at the St. Regis in San Francisco including in-room gift baskets.
Adventures by Disney's 2009 destinations will also include 15 returning trips. The trips families will continue to enjoy are:
- Spirit of America -- Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Williamsburg, Virginia
- Quest for the West -- Jackson Hole, Wyo., Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- Southwest Splendors -- Sedona, Grand Canyon and Moab
- Backstage Magic -- Hollywood and Disneyland Resort
British Isles & Europe
- Viva Italia -- Italy: Rome, Tuscany and Venice
- Treasures of Spain (Previously Grande Espana) -- Spain: Barcelona, Seville and Madrid
- The Emerald Isle -- Ireland: Dublin, Killarney and Shannon
- Cities of Knights and Lights -- England and France: London and Paris
- Once Upon a Fairytale -- Germany: Heidelberg, Trendelburg, Rothenburg and Munich
- Flavors of France -- France: Provence and Paris
- Storybook Kingdoms (Formerly Imperial Cities) -- Czech Republic and Austria: Prague, Salzburg and Vienna
Asia & Pacific
- Path to Pura Vida -- Costa Rica: San Jose, Arenal and Manuel Antonio National Park
- Sacred Valleys and Incan Cities -- Peru: Lima, Sacred Valley and Cusco
- Enchanted China -- China: Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin, Shanghai and Hong Kong
- Discovery Down Under -- Australia: North Queensland, Ayers Rock and Sydney
Each itinerary features two Disney-trained Adventure Guides who are experts on their destination. The guides lead families throughout the trip and provide unparalleled service for truly hassle-free travel. Having two guides allows guests to spend time making memories instead of worrying about the details. Each Adventures by Disney trip also features local experts and historians who provide an "insider's" perspective along the way.
Every Adventures by Disney itinerary is developed with families in mind. Kids become Junior Adventurers and enjoy activities and surprises just for them. Whether the groups are riding camels in the Australian outback or whale-watching in Alaska; learning archery in Germany or kayaking under the Pont du Gard in France; getting to know exotic animals in Ecuador or taking a jeep ride through the African bush, there is something of interest for everyone in the family. From a pasta-making class in historic Como, Italy, to scavenger hunts through world-famous sites like The Louvre, families experience hidden wonders of the world on a vacation specifically designed so that adults and children can make lasting memories.
Families traveling with Adventures by Disney experience a vast array of activities showcasing the culture and colorful history of each area. Whether meeting historical characters in cities like Boston, Philadelphia and Colonial Williamsburg, or private tile-making and flamenco-dancing lessons in Spain -- special Disney touches make each trip special.
Launched in 2005, Adventures by Disney in 2009 provides immersive, hassle-free and exhilarating guided family vacation experiences to destinations in Europe, the Americas, Africa, Asia and Australia. Families traveling with Adventures by Disney receive exceptional service while taking part in extraordinary experiences from Prague to Paris, Yellowstone to Costa Rica, the ruins of Pompeii to the ruins of Machu Picchu, the Great Barrier Reef to the Great Wall of China, and more.
With Disney-trained Adventure Guides, engaging activities, VIP experiences and personal touches throughout, Adventures by Disney caters to every member of the family. Guests wanting more information about Adventures by Disney can visit www.AdventuresbyDisney.com, call 877/728-7282, or contact their travel agent.